Fully Glazed Coldframes
- Strong 2″ x 2″ Western Red Cedar Frame
- Our unique full length hinge
- Full-length aluminium handle
- Removable lids for easy access
Here at Woodpecker Joinery we are not only renowned for the quality of our greenhouses but also for the strength and durability of our superior ColdFrames which, as any gardener will be aware, is an important addition to extend the gardening season throughout the winter months, start off young seedlings and harden off plants.
Constructed from 45mm x 45mm framing with 69mm x 44mm opening lids, the timber is tanalised (green) for a long life against rot. All models come with full-length aluminium hinges and handles as standard. Our superior Western Red Cedar Coldframes combines the natural beauty of cedar giving a quality finishing touch to your garden. We use only the highest quality Western Red Cedar and, as with all of our garden buildings, the coldframe units are created with high precision mortice and tenon joints.
All coldframes have opening tops with a unique hinge system that allows you to remove the lids with just one screw. Ideal for the summer months. Our new and improved aluminium lid handle ensure longevity and each lid has external supports to allow the tops to be held open and easy access into the coldframe, each lid is fitted with one single sheet of 4mm English toughened safety glass.
Benefits of growing in a cedar coldframe –
- Extra warmth in late spring and summer
- Encourages quicker ripening and a larger crop
- Useful to propagate plants
- Protect cuttings and young plants in the autumn
- A safe location to raise seedlings
- Shield alpines in the winter
Cedar Coldframe Features: Now with easy removable lids
- Back height- 650mm
- Lids- 44mm x 69mm
- Framing- 44mm x 44mm
- Front height- 375mm
- Glazing- 4mm Toughened safety glass
- Hinges- Unique system
- Colour- Your choice
- Stay- Fitted on Each Lid